CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ypsilanti Heritage Festival

Guys,

I'm not sure if you know but I live in Ypsilanti, the south side of I-94. This year, just like every year, we have a Heritage Festival. This year it is going to be on August 15th-17th. In our local paper, I found out that they are opening the Freight House for these 3 days. Please go to this site to see times and about the festival.
http://www.ypsilantiheritagefestival.com/

I did some digging into the Freight House and I found out that it has been closed since 2004 when the city declared it "unsafe." There are people who are trying to keep the Freight House open and here is their site so you can see what they are trying to do. http://foyf.org/?page_id=2 These people are called Friends of Ypsilanti Freight House. This year, for the Heritage Festival, they are asking you if you have any memories of the, Freight House, they would like to hear from you. Here is the article for you to read.

http://blog.mlive.com/annarbornews/2008/07/residents_asked_to_remember_fr.html

During my digging I found this file and I want to share it with you. The problem is is that it is in PDF format. Google does not let me add that here. So I am trying something different. I have added the file to a different Google site. This looks like your email account. If it works, you should be able to download the PDF file to your desktop. Then you can open it, read it, then delete it if you choose. So goto this site.......

http://sites.google.com/site/fordmodelrailroadclub/ypsilanti-freighthouse

Now after my name you see the word "attachment." Now see the blue words "Ypsilanti Frieighhouse History" you need to click on the blue part. Another box will "pop-up." You can decide to open, which means you can read it here, or you can save to disk. This just means it's going to be placed and kept where ever you put it until you put it in the recycle bin/trash can. I always put mine on my desktop so I can find it.

If this does not work, please let me know and I will try something else. You can give me a message by clicking on the "comment" at the bottom of this post.

So goto these sites and I hope I will see you there.
Lisa

0 comments: