CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, November 14, 2008

Arenac County.....

Along my Google trips to find Michigan trains I cam across Arenac County. I have found some pictures, from their website, I though you would like to see. I'm not sure who owns these photos but here is the website that might tell you more. http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~miachs/museum/album004.htm



Old M-70 north of Sterling open for use. A Model T takes advantage of the newly constructed road.



A locomotive train of coaches of the Detroit, Bay City and Alpena Railroad Company, forerunner of the Detroit and Mackinac, riding the High Iron over the wooden bridge which spanned the Rifle River in Moffatt Township. The bridge was completed in 1883 using a design patterned from bridge engineering developed in the Civil War. It was considered to be the highest railroad bridge in Michigan.


Do you guys see the name of the Township? Do you know that it's the same spelling as my Dad and I's last name? Maybe that is something I should look into next!!!

Have a good weekend and check out the site above for more pictures.
Lisa

0 comments: