CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ypsilanti, MI Crash 1929


The Depot Town district building did not always have this angle, and for many years there was a small shop in the corner. This changed on the morning of Monday, Jan. 21, 1929, when a train car crashed into the side of the building.

A freight train was passing through Ypsilanti that morning when Michigan Central baggage man Fred Beck saw the truck of a car was off the track. The car was the 12th car from the end of an 85-car freight train...... by James Mann | The Ann Arbor News

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2009/01/1929_crash_reshaped_sidetrack.html

The picture I have added I can not find to give credit to. When you click on the website, it says "error." If you know who painted this photo or anything else about the photo I have added, please let me know. I would like to give credit.

Thanks, Lisa


0 comments: